Re: Things I won't tell a burglar

"George" wrote:
> Robert L Bass wrote:
>> "HeyBub" wrote:
>>>
>>> The 16-year old was charged with domestic terrorism...
>>
>> Hmm.  What federal law was that?
>>
> You may remember the Constitution busting "Patriot Act"? Section 802
> "domestic terrorism" gives the Feds the wide reaching authority to declare
> almost anything "domestic terrorism"  which then allows them to investigate.

Yep.  I'm awarte of the so-called "Patriot" Act, which we agree was nothing
but the Bush administration's way of ignoring things they don't like, such as
the US Constitution.  The definition of domestic terrorism in the act follows:

(a) DOMESTIC TERRORISM DEFINED- Section 2331 of title 18, United States Code,
is amended--
(1) in paragraph (1)(B)(iii), by striking `by assassination or kidnapping' and
inserting `by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping';
(2) in paragraph (3), by striking `and';
(3) in paragraph (4), by striking the period at the end and inserting `; and';
and
(4) by adding at the end the following:
`(5) the term `domestic terrorism' means activities that--
`(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal
laws of the United States or of any State;
`(B) appear to be intended--
`(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
`(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
`(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction,
assassination, or kidnapping; and
`(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United
States.'.
(b) CONFORMING AMENDMENT- Section 3077(1) of title 18, United States Code, is
amended to read as follows:
`(1) `act of terrorism' means an act of domestic or international terrorism as
defined in section 2331;'.

Reading that I see nothing related to the story posted in this thread, which I
suspect might be modern urban legend (aka bullshit).