Re: Pro 1....oh brother !

Robert L Bass wrote:
> "Jim" wrote:
>>
>> The soulution? You take each wire, one by one, VERY very carefully
>> ....... read the lable ( if  you can) write the description on a NEW
>> piece of masking tape and there ya go. Good for another few years or so.
>
> All kidding aside, I never liked using labels.  We always wrote on the
> wire jacket using a fine tip Sharpie laundry marker.  The mark will stay
> on there until Jesus come back (at which point Leuck can take over my
> business and Doug can have the house)...  :^)

That's how we do it.  It does a little practice and, being left handed,
I had to learn to write the label starting with the last letter and
working my way back to avoid smearing.

In cold weather, (I'm in Michigan) you gotta give it extra time to dry
before you start messing with it.

Granted, sometimes they can be hard to read but we've pretty much
discontinued the use of contractions at least on prewires so if the
label does get partially smeared, the next guy has more letters with
which to work out what the label was.