Re: Pro 1....oh brother !

On Oct 23, 11:10=EF=BF=BDam, Crash <robos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Oct 21, 10:18=EF=BF=BDpm, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 21, 5:55=EF=BF=BDpm, Crash <robos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > We took over a Pro 1 account the other day. I told the client to make
> > > sure to cancel monitoring in writing first...no problem he did and
> > > they let him go.
>
> > > System was programmed for Daily Test Signal, but NO digit was
> > > programmed to be sent...interesting.
> > > So we reprogram and go to send signals...nothing...hmmm...no dial ton=
> > > at panel. Ok....lets find out whats going on here....we go outside an=
> > > there are two SNI's one has dialtone the other doesn't. Interesting.
>
> > > So I ask the client when the phone company put up the "new"
> > > SNI....lets see that was just before my husband died 4 YEARS ago.
> > > WHAT? Yeah thats right client had been paying for monitoring for over
> > > 4 YEARS and received nothing in return. She kinda thought is was weir=
> > > last year when the smoke detectors went off (she was vacuuming out th=
> > > fireplace...another no-no) and she had to call THEM. I guess they hav=
> > > a weird way of monitoring clients...if you have an alarm you call
> > > them, then they dispatch...and lets not say anything about not gettin=
> > > a signal...or lets not even send a tech out to check why!
>
> > > So we re-routed the panel line to the "new" SNI and all works.
>
> > > THEN...today I'm double checking programming (its an old monster
> > > 4140XMPT2) with Compass and now I know why that rear master bedroom
> > > door wasn't Chiming!...Yep it was programmed as a INTERIOR DELAY
> > > zone...what????? Are you kidding me a door directly into the old
> > > lady's bedroom from the back yard is an interior delay zone!....holy
> > > shit.
>
> > > Unreal.
>
> > If it's old enough (and that panel is) it could have been a company
> > purchased by P1 ages ago, that model wasn't one they normally
> > installed back in the day
>
> It was originally installed by Multimedia, then taken-over by Pro 1.
> It's an overly-extensive install so they probably didn't really check
> everything. There was pretty good documentation in the panel. What was
> really dumb was the panels were in a closet about 12' from a scuttle
> hole....all the zones were made up up in the attic and brought down
> via multiconductor to the panels. Totally dumb, why not bring all
> those wires down to where you can work on them in air conditioned
> space (where the masking tape labels don't fall off)...masking
> tape?...idiots.-

Doncha just love that?  You go into some of these old panels and you
don't dare touch the wires for fear that the masking tape lables will
disintegrate to mear flakes and you'll have to buzz out the entire
job.

The soulution? You take each wire, one by one, VERY very
carefully ....... read the lable ( if  you can) write the description
on a NEW piece of masking tape and there ya go. Good for another few
years or so.

GAWD! ...... You'd think they'd come back more often to change the
tape  .....Right? ..... SIGH!

Me?  I don't have none of that. .... Ya gotta use something that lasts
a long long time.
It takes up alot of space and it's hard to get off the roll,
but ....... I use duct tape.