Re: Gate Sensor?

"CH®IS" wrote:

> Do you have a link for these contacts?  It's been awhile since I've had to
> play with one of these gate contacts but I don't believe they get close to 3"
> of a reliable gap.

There are several GE contacts you can use. The 2315AL is normally used for track
mounting on overhead doors.  It has a 3" operating gap.  Another is the 2515AL
with a stated gap of up to 6".  The 2747A-L has a gap of up to 2".  I've used
that one on a few sites as well.

> Connecticut winters?  I spent a couple minutes on google trying to figure out
> if those exist.  I'm quite sure they don't.

Heh, heh, heh... :^)

> Speaking of winters though, the other problem we have is with beam systems.
> The posts are always moving around with the weather.  Turns out the best way
> to protect something is to remove the fence and build a wall.

Yep.  It's almost impossible to keep them aligned more than a few years.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics