Re: Ping: Jim (Napco PCI-Mini)

"Frank Olson" wrote:

> Doug vomited:
>>
>> If a know nothing doofus like you...

So much for Doug's input.

> I thought the time frame was a bit of a stretch too...

No.  It's pretty accurate, Frank.  I do this all the time and I have it down to
a system.  The client makes a list of what's in the zones, the number and type
of keypads, etc.  When you open a new "account" (Napco's term for a file) the
system walks you through a series of screens where the various system elements
are configured.  Each screen takes only a minute or two.  Once that's done
you're in the zone assignment screen.  I tell the client to type in the zone
names (Front Door, Mary's Window, etc) and call me back.

On the second call I teach how to use the zone configuration screen.  A few
minutes there and it's ready to download.  The actual download operation takes
only a few seconds.

> but then you have to consider that Robert's obviously
> feeling better and is in one of his "feisty" moods.

Aaargh!  :^)

> Robert's knowledge extends to more than "just Napco".
> He happens to prefer it...

True, but Leuck prefers to pretend he doesn't know that.

> My preference is between the DSC 1864 and the
> Ademco Vista products...

Well, nobody's perfect.

> Neither may have the options that the higher end Elk
> or Napco panels have...

They don't but if they serve the needs of your clients that's fine.  My
customers are umm, different.  :^)

> Robert's market is rather specific, and the individuals
> that frequent the CHA group are perfect examples...

Some of them are but the truth is I get far more business from people who
frequent ASA than CHA.

> Now...  do I have to come over there??  Or are we going to play nice?  :-)

Those two?  Yeah, right.