Re: Ping: Jim (Napco PCI-Mini)

Doug wrote:
> "Robert L Bass" <Sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Some installing companies which mainly sell simple, quick-to-install
>> packages might prefer another manufacturer, especially one that doesn't
>> require technical know-how.
>> I can teach a new DIYer to program the typical, 16- to 32-zone system in
>> less than a half hour on the phone.  Smaller jobs take about 20 minutes to
>> configure.
>> Regards,
>> Robert L Bass
>>
>> ==============================>
>> http://www.bassburgIaraIarms.com
>> ==============================>
>
> If a know nothing doofus like you can teach someone over the phone in 20
> minutes to set up a Napco panel, then the Napco doesn't seem so very
> different from the "quick to install no tech know required" systems that you
> put down in your previous paragraph.
>
> Doug.

I thought the time frame was a bit of a stretch too, but then you have
to consider that Robert's obviously feeling better and is in one of his
"feisty" moods.  Now at this point, you have a choice.  You obviously
decided to "escalate" with the comment "know nothing doofus".  Robert's
risen to Mark's baiting as well.  Seems to me that the group is sort of
teetering on the edge of going back to where it was.  Personally I don't
want to see that happen.  I know he's rubbed a lot of people the wrong
way for years and God willing he'll continue to do so for many more.
Robert's knowledge extends to more than "just Napco".  He happens to
prefer it.  My preference is between the DSC 1864 and the Ademco Vista
products.  Neither may have the options that the higher end Elk or Napco
panels have, but they serve our clients well.  Robert's market is rather
specific, and the individuals that frequent the CHA group are perfect
examples.  Now...  do I have to come over there??  Or are we going to
play nice?  :-)