Re: Ademco Vista 15P PGM output for armed condition

"Tower Security" <regsiemens@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Elevator control is not a concern as it's already in place i.e. the
> customer has a keyswitch that presently disables the elevator.  They
> typically turn off this switch when they arm the alarm and leave for
> the day, unfortunately there are instances when turning the switch off
> is forgotten - thus the reason for their request.  All the relay
> output is going to do is exactly what the customer currently does with
> the keyswitch.
>
> The assistance I was looking for is more along the lines of specifics
> for a 15p.  I thought there is a row of pins off the board that
> includes PGM outputs?  Is the 4204 really required?  What programming
> addresses need to be changed and to what?
>
> Thanks!
> Reg

I'm not that familiar with Ademco either, you can drive a low current relay
directly from the on board outputs, as to the max current available or the
programming options, the manual will explain all that.

I know you're not really looking for more comments on the implications of
doing this automatically when the alarm is armed, but.....

You can be reasonably sure that if they are now forgetting to disable the
elevator with the keyswitch, they will in the future forget to check the
elevator before arming the system which may or may not be an issue depending
on what actions the elevator performs when the switch is operated. If the
switch recalls the elevator and opens the door before disabling the elevator
then it may be OK, but I'd still be hesitant to do it,  if it simply shuts
the elevator down then I personally wouldn't do it.  I'd check with the
elevator codes for your area before doing anything that affects the
operation of an elevator.

Doug