Re: DIY Wireless System Recommendations?

On May 25, 3:15=A0am, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Frank Olson wrote:
> >You're way further south than even I've been. =A0I spent a summer in
> >Caracas a long time ago.
>
> Venezuela? =A0That's further south than Florida.
>
> And if you cross the equator, is it still considered south? =A0I mean, wo=
uldn't
> you have to calculate latitude of a location to be able to compare it wit=
> somewhere in the northern hemisphere?

Just for fun I looked it up.  Caracas is in the northern hemisphere at
about 10 Degrees N.  Im in Recife, Brazil at the moment, which is
about 8 Degrees S.  The farthest south Ive been is Sao Paulo, which is
23 Degrees S.  Thats about the same as Key West, Fl except in the
other hemisphere.

The closest to th equator that Ive been was when I went to the Amazon
a couple of years ago.  Im pretty sure I mentioned it here. There the
satellite dishes point almost straight up.  We were about 75 miles
south of the equator.  BTW, I caught ~45 peacock bass (called tucanare
by Brazilians) tht trip.  My biggest catch was 22 lbs.  The link below
takes you to some pictures of the trip.  Neat place:

http://photos.bassburglaralarms.com/Amazon_2007

Regards,
Robert
www.BassBurglarAlarms.com