Re: 4 wire smokes and EOL's

"CH®IS" wrote:

> Although now I see why you'd just have one resistor.  I was thinking since
> it's an "open circuit", it's open, but it's not.  However, if they're all
> home run, there's no supervision for the rest of the smokes on that zone.

That is exactly right, Chris.  So, unless you have lots of spare zones
available, you will want to wire the smokes to a single zone (in the manner
Graham suggested).  Since smoke detectors have latching LEDs to tell you which
one is in an alarm state, it's OK to have them all in a single zone or,
perhaps, one zone per major area of the premises.  We used to run one fire
zone per floor on residential jobs in Connecticut.  That way, the homeowner
could see on the keypad if the problem was in the basement, first or second
floor.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass