Re: 4 wire smokes and EOL's

CH®IS wrote:

>Anyway... I'm now wondering about how to do resistors correctly when you
>have more than one smoke (either daisy chained or home run) on a zone.  Do
>you have a resistor in each smoke, or just one at the end.  Being a normally
>open contact (DSC 5010), it would make sense to have them in each smoke, but
>I've seen them installed both ways.

All the wiring goes in parallel to the last detector, with a single resistor
at the last smoke.  Also, you may need a power supervision relay if the smoke
doesn't have it built in.

This is really basic stuff, it sounds like you don't have the experience to be
working on a fire alarm reliably.  Please have someone who knows what they are
doing inspect your work.