Re: How to I Setup Security System to Observe backyard?

Robert L Bass wrote:

> "JoeRaisin" <joeraisin2001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Robert L Bass wrote:

>>> I like to use motion activated flood lights.  They've been around so
>>> long they don't scare anyone off any more but they do have one neat
>>> effect. Whenever one comes on the first thing the prowler
>>> instinctively does is look right at the light, giving the camera a
>>> great shot of the guy's face.
>>>
>>> Also, no matter how good the IR camera is, it's nowhere near as good
>>> a picture as you can get with a decent color camera and a 500-Watt
>>> halogen light.
>>>

>> Speaking of getting the perp to look at the camera here's one we are
>> trying - Don't know how effective it will be...
>>
>> Perp has hit twice - in and out fast enough that he is gone by the
>> time the local pd responds to the alarm.  Wears a hoody and is careful
>> to never let the existing cams get a look at his face.
>>
>> Covert camera in a clock, the clock is on the wall directly above one
>> of those bikini-girl tool calendars.
>>
>> The calendar was already in place and there was a clock in place as
>> well. It's just a different looking clock now... and, of course, it's
>> now a new month...
>
> That ought to work unless the perp is gay or female.  :^)

That would also be an "easy fix".  But unfortunately you'd have to wait
until the results of the next break-in were "in".  If the perp doesn't
look, change the calender to one of them "wall of flame" firefighter
ones.  You'll be sure to nab him then!  :-)