Re: ADEMCO 4110 Panic alarm

On May 16, 11:03=EF=BF=BDam, Jim Rojas <jro...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Each forklift battery cell is 2 volts, and can easily weigh 25-40 lbs
> each cell.
>
> This is a good option for remote sites like cabins, hunting lodges,
> construction sites, etc. One battery pack can last a lifetime. The more
> batteries you add, the more power it can provide.
>
> A combination of solar panels and/or wind or hydro turbines can easily
> provide 250-1KW watts of power continuously to keep the batteries topped
> off. Then you can use any standard 100 to 1000 watt power inverter to
> run whatever you want.
>
> Some people that are completely off the grid in remote areas have in
> excess of 3 to 5KW of power at all times, which would require roughly 1+
> tons of battery banks.
>
> Battery Life Estimates:
>
> Cheap Gel Cell - 3 months ($7 each)
> Premium Gel Cell - 6-8 months ($13 each)
> Cheap Car Battery - 6 months ($39 each)
> Premium Car Battery - 1-2 years ($129)
> Marine Battery - 1-2 years ($79 each)
> Deep Cycle Marine Battery 2-3 years ($119 each)
> Industrial Battery - 2-3 years ($250 each)
> Golf Cart Battery - 3-4 years ($150 each)
> New Forklift Battery - 40+ years $100 per 2 volt cell)
> Used Forklift Battery - 20-40 years (Free to $50 per 2 volt cell)
>
> Now you must calculate how much standby power you require. This is where
> the choice on battery type becomes more obvious. Replacement battery
> costs is the deal maker here.
>
> Jim Rojas

Are these all lead acid?

What about lithium?  I thought they were supposed to be better. Aren't
they using them in the new battery powered cars?

I know that when it comes to batteries there's always a trade off.
Everyone's been waiting for the next breakthrough in battery power
sources so that the automobile industry can take the next step.

With all of the advances in DNA research maybe someone should take a
look at developing a giant hamster that thrives on carbon for power
wheel generation of electricity.