Re: ADEMCO 4110 Panic alarm

> I dunno why people even bother buying an expensive battery
> tester....batteries last 3 years these days...you get a low battery
> signal...you change it...no wondering or fancy troubleshooting.

I use a battery tester for my contracted customers as I believe "if it is
working it don't need fixing". I used to work for a multi-national which
demanded a battery change at 4 years and then reused 2nd hand batteries as
replacements. Best ever so far to my knowledge was 18 years battery life
from a 7AH. They used to charge around 400% mark-up on the battery on top of
call-out / service charge, nice earner if you can get it but most customers
are now a little more cautious with expenditure and are looking for a more
cost effective option. I am doing alright thanks to new contracts from
companies like this charging over the odds for replacement items that are
not required.

--
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Paul Ekins

Linc Secure