Re: How to I Setup Security System to Observe backyard?

"G. Morgan" wrote:

> You'll have to light up the area you want to view (well).  Either that, or
> you'll need to get a better camera w/IR illuminators.

I like to use motion activated flood lights.  They've been around so long they
don't scare anyone off any more but they do have one neat effect.  Whenever
one comes on the first thing the prowler instinctively does is look right at
the light, giving the camera a great shot of the guy's face.

Also, no matter how good the IR camera is, it's nowhere near as good a picture
as you can get with a decent color camera and a 500-Watt halogen light.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics