Re: How to I Setup Security System to Observe backyard?

Per G. Morgan:
>If the backyard area is viewable from a window that is close to a PC (or put a
>laptop there), you could use a very cheap USB web cam.

I feel kind of dumb now.   Never considered that the window
behind my workstation has a decent view of at least part of the
back yard.

I've even got said el-cheapo web cam sitting in a drawer - albeit
a USB2 device..... but the window's plenty close enough to use it
to shake down recording/storage/motion detection software.

What about night vision camera-wise?
--
PeteCresswell