Re: How much of a deterrent is a non-ADT/Brinks home security system?

On Mar 1, 10:10=A0pm, "Doug" <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> <draga...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > It makes a lot of sense to me to install our own system and have it
> > monitored by a company like Next Alarm.
>
> > What I'm concerned about is the signs outside the house will not be
> > the familiar ADT/Brinks signs and therefore not have the same
> > effectiveness at deterring potential burglars. What are your thoughts
> > on that?
>
> In the event that you aren't trolling, if you really think that ADT yard
> signs are more effective than any other yard signs, then ebay always has
> dozens of ADT yard signs listed.
>
> Doug

I had a feeling my question must sound ridiculous to all of you, but
as someone just investigating my options, I am of course first faced
with the hype.

Thanks for clarifying!

We were about to sign a three-year contract tomorrow with ADT, for $43/
month and $1050 worth of equipment plus $95 municipal construction
fee. And then I decided to dig a little deeper!

Just for fun, I'll tell you what was included in the ADT package:
Service:
- Standard Monthly Service, Burglary
- Safewatch Cellguard
- Extended Limited Warranty/Quality Service Plan

Equipment:
- 2 custom keypads
- 3 door sensors
- 3 motions (2 basement, 1 first floor)
- 4 window sensors
- 1 cell backup parallel
- 1 remote
- 1 telco (?, can't read this, it could be something else that begins
with 'Te')
- 1 sounder