How much of a deterrent is a non-ADT/Brinks home security system?

It makes a lot of sense to me to install our own system and have it
monitored by a company like Next Alarm.

What I'm concerned about is the signs outside the house will not be
the familiar ADT/Brinks signs and therefore not have the same
effectiveness at deterring potential burglars. What are your thoughts
on that?