Re: How much of a deterrent is a non-ADT/Brinks home security system?

<draganam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> It makes a lot of sense to me to install our own system and have it
> monitored by a company like Next Alarm.
>
> What I'm concerned about is the signs outside the house will not be
> the familiar ADT/Brinks signs and therefore not have the same
> effectiveness at deterring potential burglars. What are your thoughts
> on that?

My thoughts are that an ADT or Brinks sign in front of your home is
comparable to having a Yugo or Fiat insignia on your car- folks are gonna
know that a)- the owner is cheap, and b)- he doesn't have a very good alarm
system (or car)

Want REAL security? Go with a local company- more money up front, lower
ongoing costs, and a REAL security system; not cookie-cutter BS. In 9
independent companies out of 10, you WILL save money over time, have a
better system, and will scare away or detect the criminals more easily.

Trust me on this. I used to work for ADT. I've also worked for small local
companies, and owned my own- there is no comparison. I do not currently work
in the alarm industry. (I sell CCTV equipment to small businesses &
Do-It-Yourselfers)