Re: Sell LCD telephone Burglar Alarm Systems

"Frank Olson" wrote...
> Doug wrote:
>> "CH®IS" <sh@xxxxx> wrote in message
>>> "mleuck" wrote...
>>> Somehow I doubt it would go over well with many people.
>>>
>>> Many of my customers are unhappy about the size of the wireless contacts
>>> from DSC, even the newer ones which are a little bit smaller than the
>>> last version of them.
>>>
>>> I haven't tried the new "vanishing" contacts yet, but they look like
>>> they'll be more appealing.  On the other hand, they're from Secure
>>> Wireless (?), not DSC.  The other Secure Wireless contacts I've used
>>> (small surface) don't have as good of a range on them as the regular DSC
>>> stuff.
>>>
>>> - Chris
>>
>> I've had no problems whatsoever with the DSC "vanishing" contacts.
>> If they have a reduced range, I can't say that I've noticed it.
>>
>> Doug
>

> Ditto!

Within a normal house, I wouldn't expect a problem with the Secure Wireless
contacts.  The problems I've had with their small surface contacts have been
when the receiver is in the house and the contact is in a detached shop.
Unfortunately, there's lots of those around here.

The most surprising one I had was a shop about 100 feet from the house.
Wood siding on the house and metal siding on the shop.  The door was about
120-130 feet from the receiver, going through the outer wall of the shop,
and two interior walls of the house (garage door was open).  The Secure
Wireless contact would only open and close the zone up to about 100 feet of
the receiver (without the metal-sided shop wall in the way).  Close enough
where you could still here the keypads door chime.  Switched it out with a
standard DSC contact... didn't have a problem at all.

The only time a DSC contact has failed me for range was going through a log
wall, perhaps a couple interior walls (long time ago), about 500-600 feet of
field with a couple trees, and two wood-framed plywood walls in a shop.  On
the other hand, the contact on the other side of that last wall works fine.

Of course... ymmv.

- Chris