Re: Probable Scam - How?

"Bob La Londe" wrote:

> I used to use a second bank account and only accept wire
> transfers for out of country shipments.  Still had some risks,
> but I would remove the funds when cleared and deposit
> them in an accoun in a different bank.  Kind of a pain, but
> my risk of loss was only the couple hundred I kept in that
> account to keep it open.

I don't see why you bothered.  I prefer wire transfers for international sales
since the transfer is as safe for us as a cash deposit.  TTBOMK, once a wire
transfer has been completed there's no easy way to revoke it.  We do accept
foreign credit cards if the US shipping address (usually a freight forwarder)
has been registered as an alternate address by the card holder.  By shipping
to a US address that has been registered by the owner of the card and also
requiring a signature from the receiver you can usually avoid dishonest
chargebacks.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass