Re: Probable Scam - How?

"Robert L Bass" <Sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:M6WdnWSPq5rnWNfXnZ2dnUVZ_sqdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Bob La Londe" wrote:
>>
>> I used to use a second bank account and only accept wire
>> transfers for out of country shipments.  Still had some risks,
>> but I would remove the funds when cleared and deposit
>> them in an accoun in a different bank.  Kind of a pain, but
>> my risk of loss was only the couple hundred I kept in that
>> account to keep it open.
>
> I don't see why you bothered.  I prefer wire transfers for international
> sales since the transfer is as safe for us as a cash deposit.  TTBOMK,
> once a wire transfer has been completed there's no easy way to revoke it.

It may not have been at the time.  I talked with the president of my local
bank about this back then, and she actually explained to me how a couple of
the risks worked as she saw it, and reccomended I open an account in an
unrelated bank to do just this.  I do not typically do retail or big
shipping anymore, but I have sold some big ticket items overseas in the
past.  The biggest stuff I actually had the buyer come to the states to make
sure all was done properly.