Re: cameras/security

"G. Morgan" wrote:

> But was there even a question if it was authentic?

That never came into play, though the defense brought up the fact that the
video image was less than perfectly clear.

> I mean, let's get real for a second.

Sorry, but no.  This is ASA.

> Someone would have to go through a lot of trouble to
> actually "fake" a surveillance video.  On the other hand,
> I can see where it would help investigators and
> prosecutors to know definitively if the time/date stamp
> was 100% accurate (in conjunction with the DVR logs).

In this case the time stamp was inconsequential since there never was a
question that the video showed Carlie being abducted.  The defense tried to
question whether the perp was Smith or someone else, but not the authenticity
of the recording itself.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass