Re: cameras/security

"anonymous" <anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:4a4c2a41.145570@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Wed, 01 Jul 2009 22:39:05 -0400, Jim Rojas <jrojas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>>I would install low light cameras instead of IR. You can spot IR rather
>>easily.
>>

> Could you recommend some brands/models?  Thanks.

Infrared is not what it is cracked up to be unless you spend some extra
bucks. Most "best value" cameras with built in IR will only be good for
about 30-35 feet. Be very selective with low light level cameras. Some look
very good in low light conditions as long as everything is still. Once there
is movement, the object leaves long trails causing the object's movement  to
blur out. Secondly, a court is more than likely going to want video that is
watermarked if it is going to be used as evidence. Think about that before
selecting recording equipment.