Re: Panel grounding

On Dec 13, 6:33=EF=BF=BDpm, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > RHC: I don't disagree with you Nick. It's just like everything else in
> > business....it's cost versus gain. Your life saving situations are
> > precisely where any and all protection is worth every penny. But for
> > "low end" residential systems, where every nickel spent is under
> > question by the customer, it might even "break" the sale !!!! It's not
> > cost effective in these situations to do so from any perspective when
> > so few systems are affected.....
>
> > plus there is no quarantee when it comes to lightening. =EF=BF=BDit can=
 just as
> > easily blow out the protection and the panel.
>
> Another reason i do not do residential.
> no money in it.
> lets see do 20 residential systems to make what i do on high end
> integrated commercial real tough one there.-

Well Nick, there's just some people who can't take the bureacratic BS
that comes along with the commercial side of this trade. I'd much
rather use my extensive snaking and technical know how in Home
Theater, computer networking, CCTV, Home Automation, Cable and
Satilite TV hookups, Whole house audio, and all the other little
gadgets that people want today ..... where it's truly appreciated and
I can smile at the integration I've devised to make everything work.

Commercial gets me too close to the do-nothing assholes who are in
positions of authority, who get to tell you what to do even though
they don't know a damn thing about what you do. I have a tendency to
tell them to shove their rules they've made up, for no other reason
but to insure their jobs ..... right up their collective fat asses.
But .... there's a  place for everyone. If it wasn't for people like
you with the tolerance for those sort of things, the bureacrats
wouldn't have a thing to do. That is .... less than the little they do
now.

And I wouldn't have to deal with the irate house wife who doesn't want
to take the time to learn how to use a TV remote control or an alarm
keypad and blames me for it.