Re: Panel grounding

On Dec 13, 12:19=A0am, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Dec 12, 5:43=A0pm, "Kid" <k...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > "Effenpig1" <dirtyspicev...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

.

> > > Curious what other installers methods for grounding are for burg
> > > panels. What grounding source is preferred/ not preferred? Any issues
> > > with certain ground sources?
> > > Anybody not ground their panels? Anyone have any issues with either
> > > grounding or not grounding their panels?
>
> > I don't ground. =A0if one gets hit then I use one of these.
>
> >http://www.elkproducts.com/products/elk-950.htm
>
> That doesn't do much after the fact :)

Having an electrician back round I ground all the time and it actually
helps prevent problems when done properly.
The problem is getting a good solid ground.
of course I do commercial so I go off the electrical systems ground
wire which is code by the way and where all ,phone,catv, etc grounds
should be going and I check it first to make sure it is working
proper. I also surge protect incoming leads to panel and often put
main line surge protection on customers electrical service panels as
part of the whole package to protect all the electronics and prevent
interactions during a surge event.
Proper tied in unified grounding works excellent but too many techs
from all fields fail to follow code and you end up with a mess as
usual situation and I end up getting called in to correct problems .