Re: Estou aqui no Recife, Brasil

On Aug 15, 5:42=A0am, RLB <sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Aug 14, 11:23=A0pm, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > On Aug 14, 11:41=A0am, RLB <sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Brazil has a GDP of 1.99 trillion, Thailand 534 billion
>
> So that makes it OK for Merck to gouge Brazilians?

It is not gouging, Merck set a price for a product, if Brazil didn't
like it they don't need to buy it. Strange as a businessman you don't
know this

> > > The drug is actually quite inexpensive to produce. Development costs
> > > have long ago been covered. =A0Merck is actually far better off than
> > > many of the countries which buys its products.
>
> > And? Does that make it okay for Brazil to steal from them?
>
> Brazil didnt steal anything. They declared a compulsory license. That
> allowed Brazil to produce the drug while compensating Merck for its
> royalties.

Creating your own license out of thin air and paying far less than the
asking price IS stealing. As a businessman I'm surprised you don't
know that either

Then again after over 10 years I shouldn't be