Re: Estou aqui no Recife, Brasil

> It is not gouging, Merck set a price for a product, if Brazil didn't
> like it they don't need to buy it. Strange as a businessman you don't
> know this

As usual, you're wrong.  It is gouging.  Merck set a higher price for
Brazil than for other 3rd world nations.  Also, since they are the
only source and since the medicine is needed for critically ill
people, Brazil cant just decide not to buy it.  Strange as an employee
of some company you didn't know this.  Oh, wait.  I nearly forgot that
you choose to ignore stuff you know is true when it doesnt fit your
arguments.

> Creating your own license out of thin air and paying far less than the
> asking price IS stealing. As a businessman I'm surprised you don't
> know that either.

Given that Merck was trying to gouge Brazil for medicine they
absolutely needed, the Brazilian government did the best thing they
could to protect the health of their own people.  If that means Merck
only makes a fair profit instead of a "killing" that's OK with me.

> Then again after over 10 years I shouldn't be

After 10 year s, I'm accustomed to your nonsense as well.

By the way, I'm back in Recife for a few more days now.  Last night I
went out to a fantastic club with my GF and her sister.  They must
have the patience of Job.  They're teaching me to Samba.  We were
dancing and drinking (well, my drinks were sodas) until 4:30 this
morning.  We spent a few days in Natal, a city that makes Cancun seem
like a Baptist convention.  :)

Regards,
Robert