Re: Start Earning $15 - $105

On Aug 16, 12:42=A0pm, RLB <sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Frank Olson wrote:
>
> > Hey... =A0don't knock recurring revenue streams. =A0:-)
>
> All kidding aside, I tried to build an RMR base via Internet sales but
> it just didn't work. =A0What I found is that the vast majority of DIYers
> are not interested in monitoring. Among those who do want monitoring
> there's an opportunity. =A0However, you have to deal with clients who
> move without notifying you. =A0Some sign the contract and don't pay,
> leaving the merchant to pay the monitoring company. =A0Phone numbers
> change and, because the clients are out of state, it's difficult to
> get systems reprogrammed so the monitoring expense continues. =A0I
> haven't offered monitoring in years but I'm still paying for a few
> accounts that I can't get deactivated.
>
> I know some folks like to pretend that something G did was involved,
> but the truth is it was simply a business decision on my part to drop
> the service. =A0One of the regulars here did build a monitoring business
> via online sales (I referred a fair number of clients to him), but
> TTBOMK he decided to give it up as well. =A0Last I heard he sold his
> accounts to another company. =A0I hope he made out well. =A0He's a nice
> guy, even if he isn't much good at HTML... :)
>
> Regards,
> Robert

RHC: Actually, your post got me to thinking how very difficult it
would be to maintain a base of alarm customers that are not easily
accessible geographically. Getting paid is the most difficult part of
things, followed by (obviously) servicing the accounts. Some years
ago, I went to automatic billing, which helps a great deal but is
still not without it's difficulties....bank accounts closing, people
moving etc. Servicing distant accounts could be done by local subs,
but that would add substantially to the costs for both the alarmco and
the end user.

I guess that's why the ADT's of the world are so good at the billing
part even when they fall down on the other parts !  With customers all
over the place geographically, they've had to figure all that out......