Re: Start Earning $15 - $105

Frank Olson wrote:

> Hey... =A0don't knock recurring revenue streams. =A0:-)

All kidding aside, I tried to build an RMR base via Internet sales but
it just didn't work.  What I found is that the vast majority of DIYers
are not interested in monitoring. Among those who do want monitoring
there's an opportunity.  However, you have to deal with clients who
move without notifying you.  Some sign the contract and don't pay,
leaving the merchant to pay the monitoring company.  Phone numbers
change and, because the clients are out of state, it's difficult to
get systems reprogrammed so the monitoring expense continues.  I
haven't offered monitoring in years but I'm still paying for a few
accounts that I can't get deactivated.

I know some folks like to pretend that something G did was involved,
but the truth is it was simply a business decision on my part to drop
the service.  One of the regulars here did build a monitoring business
via online sales (I referred a fair number of clients to him), but
TTBOMK he decided to give it up as well.  Last I heard he sold his
accounts to another company.  I hope he made out well.  He's a nice
guy, even if he isn't much good at HTML... :)

Regards,
Robert