Re: OT Atlas Shrugged.

On Aug 28, 10:24=EF=BF=BDam, JoeRaisin <JoeRai...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have known lots of very lazy folks who were not adverse to short
> stints of hard work to enable overall slothful habits.

Thats a keen observation.

This is something that I've thought about through the years as I
experienced the working habits of employees and ..... even longer-
ago ..... to co-workers.

There are some very talented people who ..... when pressed .... can
realllly shine and perform lots of work or use excellent judgement on
installations or service calls ..... or whatever. But .... as you say,
it's not common to find someone that will apply themselves
consistantly .... even if at an unstellar level.

Once, a long time ago, I was having a conversation with one of my
customers .... saying how I was concerned about being able to meet
another customers strict requirements. He said .... Jim, I don't think
anyone would be harder on you than .... you. It was a very unexpected
compliment, but later, I thought about it .... and thought that it was
probably true. It's ... again, one of those things that drives some
people and not others.

I find things of this sort tend to be more common among owners of
small (successful) businesses. Perhaps this is one ( out of others)
of the attributes that sets those people apart from the general
populace, who do not aspire to owning and operating their own
business. (?)

I kind of wonder what the source of these attributes are, also.