Re: Just doing business on OPM

On Apr 29, 5:49=EF=BF=BDpm, "I R AN IDIOT" <nos...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Crash Gordon" <webmas...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > CAPITALIST PIGBOY!
>
> > Sheesh,...what you trying to do STAY in business when we have a bailout
> > waiting for you?!
>
> > Where's HIS letter to you?
>
> Doesn't matter. =EF=BF=BDWe have all received letters like his from some =
big corp
> who wants to dictate terms to the little guys. =EF=BF=BDMost little guys =
just roll
> over and are happy to get paid whatever they can. =EF=BF=BDI don't. =EF=
=BF=BDIts my choice,
> and its company policy.
>
> I have had companies try all kinds of things to not pay me, but the small
> jobs terms (under 20 grand) has saved my ass more than once.
>
> "Go ahead and get started."
>
> "Yes sir. =EF=BF=BDJust as soon as I get your deposit we will order the p=
arts."

I don't even entertain the possibility ..... of working for people
like that anymore. When offered by someone to be "introduced" to
someone to "get a lot of business" ..... as someone mentioned
here ....... my answer is " No Thank you, I'm so busy now that I
couldn't take on anymore right now." (even if I'm not  .... which is
rarely)

My customer base provides me with sufficent work that is a never
ending progression of income and has been for many years. As I've
mentioned before ( and it's probably the main reason that I don't get
these types of offers much anymore) I have an unlisted telephone
number and I don't advertise.