Re: Aritech GS 610 Shock Sensor

"alarman" wrote:

> Ha! Had the same thing many years ago. A doctor had installed his own Radio
> Shack system, and wired it just that way. I ended up installing a proper
> system, and he's still a customer.

I took over a system that another alarm installer had wired somewhat
differently.  The site was the rectory of St. Mary's Catholic Church in East
Hartford, CT.  During construction the "professional" installer had wired all
the windows and doors.  The splices were made behind the sheetrock.  A single
twisted pair of wires was connected to the delay zone on the panel.  When
tested nothing worked.  After a while the installer gave up and just walked
away from the job.  An official of the church called me to look at it.

The sensors were all NC (circuit closed with magnet present).  All sensors
were wired in parallel.  I pulled the sensors and replaced them with NO
(circuit closed when magnet is removed).  That solved the problem for the time
being but if they ever have a bad sensor it's going to be a real pain in the
olson figuring it out.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass