Re: 17075 Leslie Street

"Spellcheck Patrol" <alarminstall@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:e2d7ce95-a2f3-4daa-ab63-e6406307cf5e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On May 19, 10:14 am, "Bob Worthy" <secur...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > "Spellcheck Patrol"  wrote in message
> > > 17075 Leslie Street
> >
> > One of your late night haunts? <
>
> My late night haunt is my garden & deck. I'm having a bitch of a time
> trying to keep the weeds and critters at bay. I planted over 2 dozen
> varieties of flowers, plus I planted spinach, lettuce, carrots,
> radishes, corn, dill, parsley, mint, rosemary (no my wife isn't named
> Rosemary but I'm thinking of planting her too), beans, pumpkin,
> cantaloupe, watermelon, squash, cucumbers, and like any good wop I
> planted my tomatoes.
> The grapevine is next year's project.

 Check with your nursery about which flowers to plant around the border of
your garden. Certain types of flowers will attract some insects toward the
flower, rather than the veggies, and repel other types of insects all
together that are harmful to your garden. If I remember right, I think
marigolds may be one that works. Moth balls will work to keep most of the
critters away. They don't work on deer, but I don't think you have a problem
with them in the city. You just have to collect a lot of moths and then
there is the problem of getting their little legs apart. As far as the weeds
go, tell the wife that you expect it done by the time you get home. Grow a
pair will ya, Jeeesh!!