Re: 17075 Leslie Street

On May 21, 11:54 am, "Bob Worthy" <secur...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Spellcheck Patrol" <alarminst...@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > > One of your late night haunts? <
>
> > My late night haunt is my garden & deck. I'm having a bitch of a time
> > trying to keep the weeds and critters at bay. I planted over 2 dozen
> > varieties of flowers, plus I planted spinach, lettuce, carrots,
> > radishes, corn, dill, parsley, mint, rosemary (no my wife isn't named
> > Rosemary but I'm thinking of planting her too), beans, pumpkin,
> > cantaloupe, watermelon, squash, cucumbers, and like any good wop I
> > planted my tomatoes.
> > The grapevine is next year's project.
>
>  Check with your nursery about which flowers to plant around the border of
> your garden. Certain types of flowers will attract some insects toward the
> flower, rather than the veggies, and repel other types of insects all
> together that are harmful to your garden. If I remember right, I think
> marigolds may be one that works. Moth balls will work to keep most of the
> critters away. They don't work on deer, but I don't think you have a problem
> with them in the city. You just have to collect a lot of moths and then
> there is the problem of getting their little legs apart. As far as the weeds
> go, tell the wife that you expect it done by the time you get home. Grow a
> pair will ya, Jeeesh!! <

The weeds can't be avoided without causing the alkaline level in the
soil to increase. That doesn't make for a good yield.
The wife is unable to work in the garden because she's recovering from
the massive ass kicking I gave her when she dared to talk to me during
a Yankee game. The doctors say she might be able to walk again within
a few years.
The critters are skunks, and raccoons. The moth balls worked on the
skunk, but nothing short of a pellet gun will work on the raccoons.
I've tried lime, cayenne pepper, thorn bushes, and a shovel to the ass
but those bastards keep coming back.

I saw a commercial for that hanging tomato plant gizmo and it looked
interesting so I'm going to try to rig something up along those lines.