Re: 17075 Leslie Street

On May 21, 10:54=EF=BF=BDam, "Bob Worthy" <secur...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Spellcheck Patrol" <alarminst...@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > > One of your late night haunts? <
>
> > My late night haunt is my garden & deck. I'm having a bitch of a time
> > trying to keep the weeds and critters at bay. I planted over 2 dozen
> > varieties of flowers, plus I planted spinach, lettuce, carrots,
> > radishes, corn, dill, parsley, mint, rosemary (no my wife isn't named
> > Rosemary but I'm thinking of planting her too), beans, pumpkin,
> > cantaloupe, watermelon, squash, cucumbers, and like any good wop I
> > planted my tomatoes.
> > The grapevine is next year's project.
>
> =EF=BF=BDCheck with your nursery about which flowers to plant around the b=
order of
> your garden. Certain types of flowers will attract some insects toward the=

> flower, rather than the veggies, and repel other types of insects all
> together that are harmful to your garden. If I remember right, I think
> marigolds may be one that works. Moth balls will work to keep most of the
> critters away. They don't work on deer, but I don't think you have a probl=
em
> with them in the city. You just have to collect a lot of moths and then
> there is the problem of getting their little legs apart. As far as the wee=
ds
> go, tell the wife that you expect it done by the time you get home. Grow a=

> pair will ya, Jeeesh!!

Look Bob, now ....ya gotta picture this...........

Ya see, ..... if you walk down some side street near the Projects in
the Bronx, there's an dead end alley with a chain link fence and a big
dumpster barring the entrance. There's a gate with a chain and a
Master lock that looks like it's locked but you don't really need a
key to open it. If you walk down near the end of the alley, there are
four good size refrigerator boxes, two stacked on two, pretty much
blocking the end of the alley. As you get closer to the boxes , you
see a cute little front door boardered by two curtained windows on
either side, little flower boxes under each windows with shrubs
underneath, all drawn on the refrige boxes with black magic marker.
Opening the flap on the cardboard box you enter the abode of Tom and
family.

Now on the "second floor" (upper two refrigerator boxes)  is the
"bedroom. There's the sleep by number bed which consists of a pile of
rags. You choose the number you want to sleep on from the size-tag of
the garment.

On the "first floor" (bottom two refrig boxes) Theres a TV on a milk
crate with no tube in it. They put a sterno can behind it and do
shadow hand puppet shows for the kiddies. Sometimes they stack all the
same color wine bottles in front of the TV so the kids can see the
show in color. Everyone has their own milk crate to sit on. Food is
kept in a locked ammunition box hidden under the pile of wine bottles
and empty dog food cans, in the corner.

Walking out the back door (flap) is the back yard and bathroom ( sewer
grate) and garden area. Having gathered seeds from various food
products from the dumpster and picked out of stool after a good meal,
Tom has planted them in the 20 foot long crack in the cement where the
weeds normally pop through every August. It takes that long because
the sun only shines in the alley for about 15 minutes every day.
Although some of the plants do grow, they are very reminisent of
Bonsai plants.

So ...... I don't think your flower trick is going to have any use,
although the moth balls may work on the rodents.