Re: IntelliSense FlexGuard FG-1508

"alarman" wrote:

> How are you using them? Hi or lo sensitivity? Do they work ok mounted on the
> wall above the door/window, or do they need to point toward the glass? I was
> thinking resi sliding glass doors. Sentrol used to(maybe still) make a combo
> unit that was real slick. Came with a bracket  in case you wanted to mount
> it at 90 degrees. I stopped using those because of false alarms caused by
> barking dogs.

We used thousands of FG1500 series glass breaks on our own installations as
well as DIY sales for many years.  The FG1508 was the only one that caused
lots of problems.  In both high and low sensitivity it falsed too often.
Fortunately, only on our own installations did we use the FG1508.  Of about 30
or 40 of that model that we installed, I replaced about 90% of them.  We now
sell between 150 and 200 FG1600 series glass break detectors a month.  I
rarely hear of any issues related to them.

One of the best designs yet is the FG-1625RFM (Round Flush Mount).  The
detector fits in a small hole in the sheetrock with only a white disc about
the size of a silver dollar showing.  They work well and have a WAF
approaching unity.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass