Re: Need A Brinks Manual?

Robert L Bass wrote:
> "Bob La Londe" wrote:
>>
>> So you are telling me that every other country in the world is now
>> onor US
>> search warrants?  Sorry, but I just don't buy that one.  I'm guessing you
>> don't know about bouncing off out of country proxy servers and what not.
>
> You'd think that with the right methods someone could completely hide
> his identity.  Don't be too sure.
>
> Meanwhile, another subject bears discussion.  What this poster just did
> is a felony directly related to the security industry.  Funny how none
> of the regulars seem to object.  The only concern is whether he can get
> away with it.

"Felony"??  How is posting a link to a website that distributes manuals
a "felony"?  It seems to me he's doing Sableman's "homework" for him.
If the websites are hosting the manuals without their permission, that's
copyright infringement (which isn't a "felony").  A simple letter to the
"owner" of the website (or email) requesting it's removal is all that's
really necessary.

> Likewise, what Jim Rojas has done for years is illegal.

What's "illegal" about what he's done?  And what specifically *has* he
done?  Renting programmers that happen to be able to program an alarm
panel manufactured by Scantronic and stickered with a Brinks label?
Providing user and installation manuals?  Again, if any of the companies
involved object to this, they'd only have to email him and the offending
material would be removed.  You forget...  Most hosting providers have
Terms of Service that preclude infringing on someone else's copyright.
Brinks tried to pull Tech-Help from my website.  They sent a nasty
letter to my hosting provider but since they couldn't substantiate their
claim and prove there was any Brinks Intellectual Property in Tech-Help
Mecca withdrew their request to have it removed.

> All of the
> regulars support him in it though.

I often wonder why Jim enjoys so much respect here and you don't.  NOT!

> Now several of them are assisting
> him in illegally dispersing IP which they know belongs to Brinks.

Heh...  Right...  There IS NO Brinks Intellectual Property in Tech-Help.
  How much did Sableman and Co. pay you to post this nonsense??