Re: Need SHORT piece of Shielded 14/4 Burial Cable

Crash Gordon wrote:
> You mean heavy duty exterior extension cord wire is somehow different than
> other 14 ga wire? I have some of this stuff out there 15+ years and still
> working fine except when the landscapers cut it.
>
> And I did not say bury and an extension cord btw.
>
> I bet you buy the Monster Cable myth as well?

What myth??  I'll have you know I've been hoodwinked out of thousands of
dollars in Monster Cable instead of using regular 12/2 LVT for all my in
wall/ceiling speaker runs...  It's comforting to know that hundreds of
of tons of carbon were expelled into the stratosphere for every meter of
my Monster Cable I used, and that my great grandchildren will bask under
an atmosphere devoid of all ozone thanks to my efforts.  Which reminds
me, I have to do my weekly dump test of my Halon system.  I'm really
worried about how I'm going to source this after 2010 in Canada...  I'll
have to smuggle it across the border in thermoses and wine bottles I
guess...  I can customize some labels...  "Veuve Halonette 2008"...  A
robust vintage carefully bottled.  Keep cool.  Best served at room
temperature.  Avoid concentrations above 10%.

The OP was looking for direct burial cable and a splice kit.  If I'm not
mistaken, I think he means to use it for what it was intended...  (to go
under his sidewalk).  :-)