Re: Verified Response

"Bob Worthy" wrote:

> RLB  wrote in message
>
>> > How many Cities have tried Verified Response and then found
>> > B&E's went up or have cancelled the Verified Response program?
>>
>> Probably few to none.
>
> That is correct. However, over the years of gathering statistics from both
> sides, public pressure and with new local government administrations, there
> are those that are reconsidering their decission about going to verified
> response including Salt Lake City, which I believe was the first to go to
> VR.

Agreed.  I suspect it's mostly public pressure.  They ignored or twisted the
statistics when they decided to go with VR.  They'll do the same thing while
abandoning the policy.

>> Much less busy than usual.  The fact is police waste a lot of precious
>> time responding to false alarms. The solution isn't to fight city hall but
>> to find
>> ways to reduce false dispatches.
>
> There is no such thing as a false dispatch. Unnecessary dispatch maybe.

I suspect you knew what I meant.

>>Verified response is one way to reduce false
>> dispatches.  The problem is it makes it almost impossible to catch anyone
>
> Not to mention putting the runners in harms way

Naah.  By the time a runner arrives the thief has left and the goods have
already been pawned, not that the powers that be actually care either way.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics