Re: Verified Response

RHC: Here's one for the books, and this is a true story. Recently a
local alarm dealer called the police when he heard a couple of kids
breaking into his garage. As unbelievable as it sounds, they told him
they had no squad car available, and he should just file a report the
next morning. After he hung up, he thought about it for a bit, got
angry, and then called 911. He said something to the effect ...:"
there are a couple of thugs breaking into my garage, and you better
get over here right away before they get shot"... Within a minute of
two, there were FIVE squad cars at his home, cherries going, lighting
up the neighborhood like a midway circus.

They caught the kids all right, then gave him a LOT of trouble over
it. It seems he missed getting arrested for mischief, or some some
charge, by the skin of his teeth....

You really have to wonder where their priorities lie......

 Naah.  By the time a runner arrives the thief has left and the goods
have
> already been pawned, not that the powers that be actually care either way=
.

> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass