Re: Verified Response

RLB  wrote in message

> > How many Cities have tried Verified Response and then found
> > B&E's went up or have cancelled the Verified Response program?
>
> Probably few to none.

That is correct. However, over the years of gathering statistics from both
sides, public pressure and with new local government administrations, there
are those that are reconsidering their decission about going to verified
response including Salt Lake City, which I believe was the first to go to
VR.

> > And just how busy do you think the police would be if ALL of us
> > said for one day: "We will not call anyone when the alarm goes off?"
>
> Much less busy than usual.  The fact is police waste a lot of precious
time
> responding to false alarms. The solution isn't to fight city hall but to
find
> ways to reduce false dispatches.

There is no such thing as a false dispatch. Unnecessary dispatch maybe.

>Verified response is one way to reduce false
> dispatches.  The problem is it makes it almost impossible to catch anyone
in
> the act.

Not to mention putting the runners in harms way