Re: Door Openers

"Sue"  wrote in message

> the remote work all the way from upstairs, etc?

I've had problems with remotes not working as stated on the package
(designed to operate things in the living room from the bedroom). So I have
had to modify them to be enclosed in a metal case (transmitter and
receiver - faraday cage), then run a coax cable between the two. Then it
works just fine.

And that is the way products are these days. I find they don't work out of
the package and I need to fix them or re-design something to get it to work.
It used to be you could buy things and they were well designed and tested
prior to shipping.