Re: Monitoring Rates

There is no industry standard for arriving at pricing for monitoring that I
am aware of. Some dealers wish to serve a certain type customer in a certain
price range. There are companies that offer the bottom rung price points
that just go after volume. Other companies prefer to work only with high end
customers and have high pricing to get exclusivity. Pricing can be
influenced by the features you wish to have. That bill of fare pricing
applies mostly to commercial accounts for fire, supervised opening and
closing, etc. If you have a leased system or have maintenance included with
the monthly that is another influence on pricing. Discounts can be had for
bundling other services. A company called Hawk offered discount monitoring
for its cellular customers. In some cases the number of zones you have
increases the monitoring price, but that is mostly with some national
companies.
Getting a good alarm company interested in monitoring a DIY account could be
a challenge in many markets.
Good luck.