Napco Netlink Module NL-Mod w/ PCD Manager

Once its setup its kinda neat.  Its great for configuring an X255 with card
and alarm users.  In fact its the best way for the end user when paired with
the PCD Manager software.

Its a little weird to setup though, and getting the PCD Manager software
configured is kinda weird.  One thing I found particularly annoying was
getting an account into the PCD Manager software.  Basically I had to export
the account from PCD Windows, and then import it into PCD Manager.  Its kind
of a pain when you are setting up the system using PCD Windows via your
laptop, and then setting up PCD Manager for the client on one of their
desktops.  Since the last one I picked up a thumb drive that should make it
a little easier, but for the last one I had to burn it on a CD.

Anyway, after its all setup, you just type in or import from a text file the
user names, and then you can by user name assign card numbers and alarm
codes and access schedules.  After its all configured properly the client
can easily look at the alarm log or the access log and see activity with
descriptions by door and user weith time & date stamps.

PCD Manager is nice for WAN applications as you can manage multiple
locations via the software.  It also supports remote external application
via port forwarding.

There are some setup things to pay attention to.  Change the defaults to LAN
access and to show card and alarm codes all the time.  It will make usage a
lot easier.

--
Bob La Londe
The guy who decides who we do business with.

The Security Consultant
PO Box 5720
Yuma, Az 85366

(928) 782-9765 ofc