Re: ADT Strikes Again

On Feb 28, 9:37=A0am, "alarman" <nos...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> secure15 wrote:
> >http://www.insideedition.com/news.aspx?storyid=3D1312
>
> What, no glassbreak on the glass door?
>
> Anyone program their resi systems to sound a siren when the phone line
> fails? I used to, but stopped when I found out how common it is for a phon=
> line to drop out for a minute or two at three o'clock in the morning. My
> customers were not amused.
>
> The motions were probably programmed stay/away. The only issue I see is wh=
> the alarm didn't go off when he broke the glass door, since the article sa=
ys
> the system included glassbreaks.
>
> --
> js

I used to always program to sound siren for telephone line cut. With
Napco, you can delay it for a period of time. Got some complaints
through the years and had to deprogram a few. Then Napco offered the
option to sound siren only while in the armed condition. So I started
using that with a few minutes delay. But now with VoIP, there seems to
be more interruptions so when I get a complaint, I just make the
keypads beep. With radio back up, they call the premise, and or
contacts for line fail. Some people get annoyed with that or with the
siren going off and complain. So now, in recent years,  with a written
notice, I'll change it to whatever they want. But I always start out
with siren sounding in the armed condition.