Re: ADT Strikes Again

alarman wrote:
> secure15 wrote:
>> http://www.insideedition.com/news.aspx?storyid=1312
>
> What, no glassbreak on the glass door?
>
> Anyone program their resi systems to sound a siren when the phone line
> fails? I used to, but stopped when I found out how common it is for a phone
> line to drop out for a minute or two at three o'clock in the morning. My
> customers were not amused.
>
> The motions were probably programmed stay/away. The only issue I see is why
> the alarm didn't go off when he broke the glass door, since the article says
> the system included glassbreaks.

They don't give much in the way of details about the house in question.
  $2400.00 seems a bit "light" considering the markup companies like ADT
and Chubb have for the equipment they sell.  When I worked at Chubb, the
"retail" price of the equipment was 110% above cost.  Salespeople could
"discount" from there but were limited to 10%.  The branch mananger
could take it down to 15% and the regional manager could authorize 20%.