Re: OT: Usenet service help

Matt Ion wrote:

>G. Morgan wrote:
>> Bob La Londe wrote:
>
>>> I'm looking for a decent inexpensive (text only is fine) low useage
>>> Usenet news provider.  All I have seen so far cost as much as a dial
>>> up ISP.  Suggestions?
>
>> Free accounts:
>>
>> http://www.motzarella.org/
>> <clean feeds - posting privileges - some skipped articles>
>

>I'm using this now since my ISP has YET AGAIN broken my posting to a
>particular moderated group, and is expiring articles after only a
>week... working very well for me, they have a healthy selection of
>groups and good response (post-to-appear) times.  I haven't NOTICED any
>skipped articles, but then I haven't been comparing to anything.  I'd
>recommend giving it a shot.

Yeah Ray runs a good server.  There has been intermittent problems with
news.motzarella.org and nntp.motzarella.org but he sez use
reader.motzarella.org for a backup.

You may want to use a strategy of sucking articles from many sources instead of
just relying on one, especially Motzarella.  I never used Thunderbird before so
I don't know if has the capability, does it?

Also.. I just tried:
http://www.cnntp.org/index.html

Good group coverage, speedy, not much on retention but no "shoe spam".

--

-G