Re: Rumor about GE

The genesis of this information was from a source that has been in the
industry for some time. The person was offering the information "as is". It
wasn't a slam, or an effort to promote something else at GE's expense. It
seems the information came from feelers GE put out there looking for buyers.
Perhaps all  that was misunderstood by someone or is overblown a bit by this
source. If GE did bail it would make a difference to the industry.

"Robert L Bass" <RobertLBass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > I heard an interesting tale from a source about GE. The buzz was that GE
was
> > unhappy with its security division and was looking to sell...
>
> I heard a rumor that GE is planning to keep the security division going.
> According to my unnamed source they're developing a dealer-direct program
> which will eliminate sales to all other dealers.  There is buzz that they
plan
> to start selling online to DIYers as well.  Then again, maybe it's just a
> rumor.  Maybe that's two rumors started in the same thread (not exactly an
ASA