A Canadian Invention

A long time and valued subscriber made an unusual request of me today.
She asked if I could add a flatulence detector to her existing alarm
system. It seems that her elderly husband who stays home while she
works, gets bored and parties with a can of beans, broccoli or
whatever he gets his hands on and forgets to open the windows before
she gets home.

I explained that a flatulence detector, if one existed, could only
detect, annunciate and report but could not prevent an unpleasant
odorous situation. She acknowledged the fact but said she wanted the
central to call and alert her before she got home so she could
remotely activate the central air unit.

But that's not the point. While doing a search on fart detection I
found out that my favorite toy, the Whoopie cushion, AKA Poo-Poo
cushion, was invented in 1950 by employees of the Jem Rubber Co. of
Toronto Canada. With this knowledge, I now have greater respect and
admiration for our Canadian brothers and sisters.

RW