Re: Ok... I'm done - Tri-Ed has no redeeming qualitites

On Feb 1, 9:38 am, Frank Olson
<use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> tourman wrote:
>
> > RHC: I wonder if perhaps it isn't a regional thing. I use Tried here
> > in Ottawa and have had no difficulties whatsoever with them or the
> > staff. Perhaps others could comment from other parts of Canada
>
> > But you gotta go where they respect your business and give you the
> > service in return. There's no excuse for bad service at either end of
> > our business.
>
> The people here have been fantastic over the years.  Most of our
> problems involved DSC and their forced field "beta testing" policy on
> new panels (us guys in the field are forced to find all the bugs so they
> can release a "revised" panel).  :-)

RHC: Yeah Frank, that about sums it up for me as well. It has been
about 10 years since I actually installed a new DSC system from
scratch because of these weird sorts of things that occur with DSC
panels. I takeover loads of them though, and it seems virtually all
the real trouble calls I have come from DSC products, with Paradox a
LONG way behind. I wish I had a buck for every weird problem solved by
the old trick of "power down and back up" - something's gotta be wrong
with their firmware.

I even had a DSC 832 catch fire on me ! The customer called me (a
large commercial account) saying there were noxious fumes creeping out
of the control room and coming from the alarm panel. The rectifier on
the board had shorted out and caught fire and destroyed the panel, the
Skyroute unit, and a few other things close by. Later I took the board
back to DSC and the factory rep happened to be there, and asked for
the board to examine what had happened to it back at the factory. He
promised to replace the board but I never saw or heard from him again.
Thinking back, I suspect they were simply trying to eliminate the
evidence that could get them sued for a defective product (or at least
that's what my cynical nature is telling me....). Either way, he was
not a man of his word !!

I'm not really impressed with DSC products overall....